SomaSimple Discussion Lists  

Go Back   SomaSimple Discussion Lists > Welcome Guest > Welcome, Bienvenue...
Albums Quiz PubMed Gray's Anatomy Tags Online Journals Statistics

Notices

Welcome, Bienvenue... This forum is intended for a brief presentation of our members.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2007, 06:24 PM   #1
quantum

Default New here

Hello,
I'm scheduled to take the Simple Contact class in San Francisco next month, but am excited by the discussions here and wanted to introduce myself:
I have been a PT for 6 years, and a bodyworker for 14 years (trained in Shiatsu, Rosen Method, and Chi Nei Tsang--Taoist form of abdominal massage). My path has taken me from "alternative" medicine which continually impressed me on how effective and life-changing it could be (even with my healthy scepticism I was constantly amazed at the changes I saw in people) to a Master's in PT which helped ground me in the sciences and evidence-based practice but definitely has its limitations. I am looking for an approach that blends the best of both and takes a "bigger picture" of what health is and Simple Contact and MFR seem to be great starts (I took MFR I with John Barnes last year).

I own my own practice and am also looking to move away from insurance billing towards a cash practice (providing Superbills) and would welcome any feedback on how best to accomplish this.

On a personal note: I'm married with a beautiful 2 month old son and like to hike and dance.

Great to be here and looking forward to the class next month.

Ravi (to avoid confusion, I'm a female)
quantum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:01 PM   #2
Barrett Dorko
Writer and Clinician

Thanked 2,703 Times in 1,525 Posts

Ravi,

Thank you for taking the time to read here and then actually post. You'll find in a few weeks that this is a rare event among my prospective students and certainly among those who have been invited here personally by me at the courses.

I think you've an interesting background and I welcome your attendance.
Post New Thread  Reply