SomaSimple Discussion Lists  

Go Back   SomaSimple Discussion Lists > Physiotherapy / Physical Therapy / Manual Therapy / Bodywork > General Discussion
Albums Quiz PubMed Gray's Anatomy Tags Online Journals Statistics

Notices

General Discussion this forum is opened to all registered users of somasimple

Old 23-02-2012, 03:56 PM   #1
joebrence9

Default Making Headway

I want to compliment all of the individuals who have spent years on this site attempting to better our practice through a better understanding of the nervous system. It appears that all of this work is finally making headway, at least it appears to be causing discussion on sites outside of somasimple.

I was just on EIMs blog and am glad to see in the comments that others appear to be accepting our practice limitations too...

Today, Mike Reinold linked my article "all about pain" for his readers to learn more about pain: Mike's blog

The Manual Therapist, Erson Religioso, allowed me to share information on pain science and has linked to several articles from Moseley, etc. for his readers.

Tweets coming out of CSM participants appeared to be geared towards PTs understanding the biopsychosocial model as well as pain science.

Great job guys... some have thought of "this group" as hostile in the past, but it appears there is a shift within the profession (and I attribute it to hard work from many different groups, including somasimple). I am very fortunate to be surrounded by like-minded clinicians in my Pittsburgh facilities, and hope that others will begin to experience this too (if they already haven't)...
joebrence9 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joebrence9 For This Useful Post:
anoopbal (23-02-2012), Bas Asselbergs (23-02-2012), caro (23-02-2012)
Old 23-02-2012, 06:24 PM   #2
zimney3pt
life long learner, clinician, and instructor

Thanked 1,068 Times in 383 Posts

Joe and others from SS, great lists over at EIM blog. I'll be curious to see that thread unfold.

http://koryzimney.blogspot.com

"Study principles not methods, a mind that can grasp principles will create its own methods." - Gill

"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them." - Galileo Galilei
zimney3pt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 11:03 PM   #3
toddhargrove

Mike and Erson recently linked some of my articles as well.

And I have noticed many conversations about pain science on Facebook by people who have mostly "mesodermal" oriented fans - Meyers, Dalton, Chaitow, Liebenson, the Rolfing group, etc.

I definitely sense a change. I think that Moseley TED video may have been a turning point.

Thanks to everyone at SS for so much of the heavy lifting.

http://bettermovement.org
toddhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to toddhargrove For This Useful Post:
Diane (24-02-2012)
Old 23-02-2012, 11:32 PM   #4
amacs
A bear of little brain

I think, and perhaps Bernard can confirm that we have had several peaks recently of members online with the most recent on the 16th of this month at 191 users.

Am I correct in this and if so doe sit indicate an uptick in interest?

regards

ANdy
"Here is Edward Bear coming downstairs now, bump, bump, bump, on the back of his head behind Christopher Robin. It is, as far as he knows, the only way of coming downstairs, but sometimes he feels that there is another way, if only he could stop bumping for a moment and think of it." A.A. Milne
amacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2012, 12:06 AM   #5
nari
NeuroNut Evangelist

I think so too, ANdy, but in the past there has been an upsurge when something controversial is being debated. Nonetheless, maybe the message is getting through to quite a few more amygdalae and insulae..

Nari
nari is offline   Reply With Quote