SomaSimple Discussion Lists  

Go Back   SomaSimple Discussion Lists > Physiotherapy / Physical Therapy / Manual Therapy / Bodywork > Clinical Reasoning
Albums Quiz PubMed Gray's Anatomy Tags Online Journals Statistics

Notices

Clinical Reasoning Typical cases are discussed there. The cases are brought by practioners.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-12-2004, 05:42 AM   #1
sybilvox

Default Persistant headache w/SCM syndrome & trapezius muscle...

Hi,
I am new here. I am plagued by health problems relating to spinal stenosis and constant muscle spasms. I would be happy to expand on these if anyone needs more info.
My main issue are headaches. Tension type with throbbing around the eyes and tight band. Usually constant. I believe they are trigger point related (I am almost 100% postive). My degenerative disc disease - worse at C5/6, but also moderate at C3/4 - has "caused" my system to respond to tension, exercise, everyday activity in unpleasant ways. My tapezius seems to be the most unhappy as it will tighten up if the winds blows, but ride a bike, hang a shower curtain, ab crunches, etc and it tightens up - sometimes with a constant spasm. This usually leads the SCM to kick in with the spleinus(sp?). Now the fun part - I get the SCM syndrome part. Vestibular issues - gas, nausea, dizzy, yawning, sickness feeling. It is so horrible right now that I can barely function.
Ok, on with the story - I have been in and out of PT for over 14 years. I have a great PT right now who sees me mostly for maintenance of neck and also IT band. I have a physiatrist and have seen at least 20 doctors and had as many tests - I try to keep my films updated. Meds include, zanaflex, lorazepam, prozac.
What I am hoping to gain from this post is someone out there who can help me understand this phenomenon and help me gain insight, knowledge, power, technique, support, etc. I want to still live, but be smart about it. If anyone can provide any insight I would be forever grateful.
Thank you very much for your time.
sybil
sybilvox is offline   Reply With Quote