SomaSimple Discussion Lists  

Go Back   SomaSimple Discussion Lists > Physiotherapy / Physical Therapy / Manual Therapy / Bodywork > Barrett's Forums > Range of Motion
Albums Quiz PubMed Gray's Anatomy Tags Online Journals Statistics

Notices

Old 10-09-2011, 01:45 PM   #1
Barrett Dorko
Writer and Clinician

Thanked 2,963 Times in 1,678 Posts
Default Radio interview coming soon

On 1PM EST Monday September 26th Karen Litzy will host another radio interview on her show from Manhattan.

There will be four guests this time, including two moderators from Soma Simple, Jason and myself. I’ll let Karen do the introductions of the others since she knows them much better than I.

I put this on Range of Motion because it gets a lot of traffic and we’d like to hear what you might like us to discuss. Please feel free to make suggestions.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:00 PM   #2
smith

Looks good. Her website is talkingalternative. Her presentations are hardly alternative from what I see. If one reads neuro science, preatty mainstream actually.
smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 07:15 PM   #3
Diane
Human Primate Social Groomer and Neuroelastician

Thanked 6,064 Times in 2,742 Posts

The ads are way..... alternative. Astrology, etc.
HumanAntiGravitySuit blog
Neurotonics PT Teamblog
Canadian Physiotherapy Pain Science Division (Archived newsletters, paincasts)
Canadian Physiotherapy Association Pain Science Division Facebook page
@PainPhysiosCan
WCPT PhysiotherapyPainNetwork on Facebook
@WCPTPTPN
Neuroscience and Pain Science for Manual PTs Facebook page

@dfjpt
SomaSimple on Facebook
@somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire
Diane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:12 PM   #4
Barrett Dorko
Writer and Clinician

Thanked 2,963 Times in 1,678 Posts

The ads are that way, but Karen is not.

My feeling is that we must engage with this thinking if we're ever going to make our rational viewpoint clear. Sure, the astrologer may say, "I've appeared on the same radio station as (fill in the name of your favorite Soma Simple moderator here)" but I can't see any way of avoiding this true statement.

I see Karen's show as a potentially powerful venue, and if the therapy communities become aware of us in this way that's a plus.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:31 PM   #5
smith

It was actually a faux paux on my part. I didn't bother to read the website, only the interview stuff. I' m guess'in most people are like me, and won't be botherer to read any more then ncessary.
smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2011, 02:19 PM   #6
karenlitzy

Thanks for posting this Barrett.
Yes, the name of the website/radio station is Talking Alternative but if you take a look at the shows on the station some are more alternative and some are completely mainstream. My interviews are mainly PT oriented, but I try to also highlight entrepreneurs, strong female leaders, and topics that would be useful for most entrepreneurs and PTs. And yes the commercials are a bit strange but I am firm in my view that it is a good platform for physical therapy issues and a good way to inform the general public on what we do as a profession.
That being said, like Barrett mentioned above we are going to have a round table discussion on Monday Sept 26th. This will be the first in a monthly series of roundtable discussions trying to bring forth pertinent information in the world of physical therapy. So if anyone has any thoughts on possible topics (i.e interesting research, case studies, treatment techniques, the role of insurance companies in your treatment process) please let us know. We are working now on getting the show together so any constructive suggestions would be great!
Thanks!
karenlitzy is offline   Reply With Quote