SomaSimple Discussion Lists  

Go Back   SomaSimple Discussion Lists > Physiotherapy / Physical Therapy / Manual Therapy / Bodywork > General Discussion > Jobs Offers
Albums Quiz PubMed Gray's Anatomy Tags Online Journals Statistics

Notices

Jobs Offers You may add your job wantings in this forum. It is opened to all readers.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2009, 12:21 PM   #1
arsjoha

Wink Student searching for clincial rotation affiliations.

I am a Norwegian student in the third year of my physiotherapy degree. I am currently studying at Saxion University of Applied Science, Enschede in the Netherlands. I am due to start my clinical rotations in August 2009. Each rotation is to be three months long, and can take place in any area of physiotherapy. I am trying to find me self an affiliation for a three months period. As for this moment it is intended that the first period starting 1.August to 31.October, the second from 1.November to 29.January and the last period from 1.February to 30.April.
The main task of this clinical rotation is to get practical training in physiotherapy.

My primary interest is to explore, learn and understand other believes and views of physiotherapeutic evaluations, interventions and rehabilitation, hence increase my physiotherapeutic horizon and competences, in addition to practice my future profession.
I see myself at this moment as a future physiotherapist that will implement EBP and physical active interventions.

I have already completed two short clinical rotations during the course of my degree; one at a private practice in Limerick, Ireland for a duration of 4 weeks in April 2007, and for a duration of 5 weeks in Oslo, Norway, in May 2008. Both were private clinic working primarily with orthopedics, sports, and pain; and I’ve received good feedback at these sites.

Previous work situations that I have been situated in: one year with intensive neurodevelopment training; brain injured children and one summer in a rehabilitation center as a physiotherapist assistant/nurse assistant. I have grown up in a very active and social environment; being doing various sports and activities in the nature. I am used to set high goals for myself and I have the experience through high ambitions and hard work that everything is possible. I am a “development oriented” person who aiming high, working hard and be as rational as possible to reach my goals.
In addition I have been a footballer (soccer) of a semi-high level and a coach for especially talented players.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have the possibility to help me with a three month practical training, or interested in any further information.

Kind regards,
Lars-Johan Viddal
( lviddal@online.no )
arsjoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply